It's beginning to look a lot like Fall...

"It was in the clove of seasons, summer was dead but autumn had not yet been born, that the ibis lit in the bleeding tree."
-James Hurst, The Scarlet Ibis

This is why I love Autumn by falling-autumn-leaf

I love Fall! It is by far my most favorite season of the year.  I grew up in Michigan where Fall meant Football, sweaters and boots, sunshine with a cool breeze, falling leaves, majestic colors, chili, Halloween, fires in the fireplace, pumpkin lattes, pumpkin cream cheese, pumpkin spice cookies, pumpkin everything!  Now that I live in Florida, Fall is different for me.  Autumn and Christmas are the two times a year that my heart hurts and I miss my family and "The Mitten." I long to smell the corn fields after the harvest, to eat a McIntosh apple fresh from a tree, to decorate the house with Indian corn straight from the husk, to feel the dark chill on Halloween, and to ride in hay on the back of a tractor as it pulls us toward a real pumpkin patch. My biggest heartache comes in not being able to share all this with my son...

Photo Cred: Forgotten Whisper, Tumblr

But today I smile. Today, September 27, 2013 is the first day in months that I have been able to turn off the AC and open all the windows in the house!!!  The sun is shining and there is a glorious, cool breeze. It's 10:30 in the morning and it hasn't hit 70 degrees yet...for Florida, this is a sign of Fall and my heart is full.  So, in honor of today I am going to make one of my favorite (super easy) recipes while the little one naps; pumpkin cream cheese.  And the bonus...it's a weight watchers recipe, so eat two servings ;-).  I can't wait for the day when W and I can eat this for breakfast together!

Pumpkin Cream Cheese



~Happy Fall Y’all ~
 Morgan

Labels: , , , , , , ,