Weekend Shenanigans; It's the Great Pumpkin Charlie Brown!

"Each year, the Great Pumpkin rises out of the pumpkin patch that he thinks is the most sincere. He's gotta pick this one. He's got to. I don't see how a pumpkin patch can be more sincere than this one. You can look around and there's not a sign of hypocrisy. Nothing but sincerity as far as the eye can see."
- Linus, Charles Schulz

Hey Everybody! I hope you all had as nice of a weekend as I did.  As you all already know, I love this time of year. Everyone is in a festive and happy mood and it really is contagious.  Therefore it should come as no surprise to anyone that Team Teichert spent a good majority of the weekend partaking in said contagion. On Friday night we took our annual trip to our "most sincere" pumpkin patch; but this year was extra special as it was Wake's first time ever seeing a pumpkin. I can't wait til he's old enough to actually walk through the patch and pick out the pumpkins himself.  However, it was really neat to see my little pumpkin butt touch his first pumpkin...he seemed to really like the color and feel of it. No matter how big or small, the "firsts" are always incredibly special.  
My little pumpkin butt at the pumpkin patch

Saturday morning the hubby left the house early to play in a golf tournament, so Wake and I met up with Pap Pap and Aunt Jackie at the annual Fall Craft Festival. In order to make it through the morning (imagine over 100 vendors selling festive crafts; it was a tossed salad of interesting) I made sure to stop by Starbucks and get my new fave drink, a dirty chai latte. (Thanks to my friend Annie over at Home of Malones for suggesting it!!) Anyways, there were some really cute things (I was only tempted to buy an ornament & onesie) and then there were some jaw dropping tchotchkes. Who exactly buys and uses these items, I don't know! But, it was fun to walk around, and again, join in on the festive mood.  There was one thing that caught my eye though, a Gator high chair that I'm hoping Pap Pap will replicate ;-). Check it out...neat right? 

Thank goodness for Aunt Jackie's glasses



On Sunday we did the usual; drank coffee while playing with Wake and watching ESPN (I was hoping to see that The Tigers pulled it out against Boston, but no such luck).  After some yard work and cooking we headed out to our friend Amy and Justin's house for a Halloween pumpkin carving & chili cook-off party.  I have to say I'm really proud of the hostess gift I "made."  I bought the wine bottle witches hat at Pottery Barn, and the ribbon and labels at Michael's.  I think it came out magically! 



Now on to the party; we had such a great time. Amy outdid herself with the decorations; skull sidewalk lights,  spiderwebs lining the front porch, caution tape all over the house, and a "spooky" spread.  And of course they set up cornhole in the backyard in case the dudes needed some "man" time.  My favorite part was that I got to see some sorority sisters of mine that I hadn't seen in forever.  I got to meet their children and catch up, so it really was a great afternoon. 



Most of the kids were dressed up in their Halloween costumes or "little pumpkin" attire, but Joe and I contributed to the party with glow-in-the-dark fangs.  Thank goodness they didn't scare W!



And to top it all off...my chili won!!! YEAH ME!  The recipe is so easy, y'all wouldn't believe it! I've attached it here for you to enjoy - de nada!



Lastly, the real "winner" of the night was made by Jody.  I don't think you're ready for this jelly...pumpkin chocolate chip cookies with cream cheese frosting!!!  As another guest put it..."yes, help yourself to some heroine!" They were that delicious and addicting.  And the funniest thing is that not only were people eating them BEFORE the cook-off started, but they were gone by the time the cook-off ended! So much for "dessert"...they were more like an appetizer! I was so obsessed with them that I made sure to get the recipe (I'm always thinking of y'all)...so here it is!!!  If you want to avoid a "case of the Mondays" then plan on making these when you get home tonight! ;-)



~ Have a great week & Excelsior ~
Morgan





Sami's Shenanigans

Labels: , , , , , ,