I'm linking up with Sami for her weekend Shenanigans, and boy,
do I should I have a bunch of stuff for you! However, my weekend was probably very much like yours...family, friends, turkey, football, napping, wine, shopping, etc... So I will simply make some minor hi-lights.
BTW...I'm super Thankful for all of my
thousands hundreds of readers like you! Mucho Smoochos!
1) We spent the Holiday with my husbands family who were in town from CO, WI & other FLA cities. This was the view from the deck of their rental...looking North.
2) Looking South
3) Obvi I'm from MI...but my Brother-in-Law Tony and his family are all from Wisconsin (HUGE cheeseheads). So, despite how painful it was for him, in the spirit of giving and Thanks, Tony surprised Wake with his very own personalized Lions jersey (#17 is for the day he was born). I was so excited I screamed, and I think it's what helped us win.
4) Wake sporting his new jersey!
5) W deep in conversation with his Great Uncle Joe.
6) Uncle Joe with Wake and MJ...the Lion and the Packer
7) Joe's Uncle Todd (who just so happens to be a fireman) was outside when he saw a Pelican get hit by a car and break it's wing. He immediately went into rescue mode pinning it's wings by it's side so as not to injure itself anymore, and covering its eyes so it wouldn't fright.
8 & 9) Breathing...
10) Animal rescue arrives
11) Strike a pose!
12) Assessing the situation
13, 14, & 15) Saving the Pelican...yeah us!
16) Good Luck Buddy!
17) All of that commotion called for this...the 100 calorie Pumpkin Pie Tarlets I made (see below for recipe)
18) And a bottle of wine ;-)
19) On Friday morning I launched my self-proclaimed much anticipated Holiday Gift Guide 2013. Check my Five on BLACK Friday post from Friday (obvi) to see it for yourself. Shopping for Black Friday actually scares me...peeps get stabbed! No Thanks! I'd rather spend the extra $100 to not have to deal with rudeness! So I went and got a pedicure with the ladies in the fam.
20) Sunday we went and got our Christmas tree...Wake's very first!
21) Mission Complete!
~ Libby's 100 Calorie Pumpkin Pie Tartlet ~
|16||(2½-inch) foil baking cups|
|Nonstick cooking spray|
|¾||cup granulated sugar|
|1||teaspoon ground cinnamon|
|½||teaspoon ground ginger|
|2||large egg whites|
|1||can (15 oz.) LIBBY'S® 100% Pure Pumpkin|
|1||can (12 fl. oz.) NESTLÉ® CARNATION® Evaporated Fat Free Milk|
|1||cup fat free whipped topping|
|12||small gingersnap cookies, broken into ¼-inch pieces|
1. PREHEAT oven to 350º F. Place baking cups on baking sheet with sides. Spray each cup with cooking spray. 2. COMBINE sugar, cornstarch, cinnamon, ginger and salt in small bowl. Beat egg whites in large bowl. Stir in pumpkin and sugar mixture. Gradually stir in evaporated milk. Spoon 1/4 to 1/3 cup of mixture into each prepared cup. 3. BAKE for 25 to 28 minutes or until knife inserted near centers comes out clean. Cool on baking sheet for 20 minutes. Refrigerate for at least 1 hour. Top each with whipped topping and gingersnap crumbs.
~ Happy Monday Lovies ~
Labels: family, food, lifestlye, Pumpkin Pie Tartlet