Taste of Tuesday; Healthy Pizza?


Linking up with Ashley and Jessica for Taste of Tuesday! And today it's all about pizza; I love pizza! I literally could eat it every day, for every meal.  In fact, when I studied abroad in Florence I think I did eat it for at least lunch & dinner almost every day...and sadly I never got sick of it. I guess pizza's up there with my addiction to pumpkin ;-). 

So, this is my favorite at-home pizza to make; Salami & Kale! I'm not quite sure where I found the recipe (I think Parents Magazine), but I must have been somewhere where I couldn't actually take it with me (doctors office?) because I took a pic of the recipe with my cellphone instead.  However, I figured since it has kale in it, it must be healthy! RIGHT!? 

So, I wanted to share the love with you all! Enjoy!!




Ingredients:
1/2 bunch   Tuscan Kale, ribs removed and torn (about 4 cups)
1/3 C           Packed fresh basil leaves
1/4 C           Grated Parmesan Cheese
3 T               Extra Virgin Olive Oil
1                   clove garlic
1 lb              refrigerated or frozen, thawed, pizza dough
2                  Roma tomatoes sliced thinly
1.5 oz          Thinly sliced salami, julienned
1/2 C           Shredded Mozzarella (2 ounces)

Directions:
1.
Preheat the oven to 450 degrees F. Grease a baking sheet or line with foil; set aside. In a food processor combine kale, basil, Parmesan, olive oil and garlic. Cover and process until smooth. 

2.
Roll or press dough into a 15x12-inch rectangle on the prepared baking sheet. Spread the kale mixture over the dough. Top with the tomato slices and salami. Sprinkle with mozzarella cheese. Bake for 12 to 14 minutes or until golden brown.




Voila!

~ Eat Up Lovies ~
Morgan

Labels: ,