Five on Friday; Murals, Mobiles, Meals & Memories


THE GOOD LIFE BLOG

[ONE]
ErinRayToday 
It's only natural for us to be bias about our loved ones. For example, I think I have the greatest son and husband in the world...because their mine! It's Gods perfect plan. That's how everyone feels, as they should.  Could you imagine not thinking that about your own baby!?  Yikes!  Anyways, with all that being said I have to brag about my younger cousin...who I think is one of the most talented girls in the world! Above are some of her sketches/paintings that you can buy on her etsy shop, ErinRayToday. She is 100% self taught, incredibly artistic & creative (fashionista in the making, dancer extraordinaire, cello player, and amateur photographer) AND just had a little shout-out about her work in the "Letter to the Editor" section of February's Teen Vogue!!!!!!!  
I could DIE because that's just about the coolest thing ever! I know, I may be easily entertained, but I'm extremely proud of her for pursuing her passions. SOOO, y'all should definitely check out her etsy page...if I had a little girl I would probably buy all of Erin's paintings and make a mural of them on her bedroom wall.   But just think...$20 now could turn into $20,000 someday ;-).  You saw it here first...her work will be big!

[TWO]
My new iPhone case! About a month or so ago my sweet little munchkin knocked my phone off the couch onto the hardwood floor, and my beloved gold glitter case shattered into 3 pieces; better the case than the phone.  So I've been searching high and low for a fun new one.  I wanted to get my monogram on it (never done that before) but didn't want anything too colorful...Thus...Fornash's Monogram Tortoise Phone Case!!!


[THREE]
Eat Right For Your Type! While up in Michigan I noticed how great one of my aunts looked! She attributed it to this book called "Eat Right For Your Type" by Dr. Peter D'Adamo; she told me it has literally changed her life. So when I got back from MI, I not only checked out the book from the library and read the whole thing, but have now 100% changed my diet to reflect my blood type (B) and even got the companion book; "Cook Right for your Blood Type." In a nutshell, this is not a diet, it is a lifestyle change that encourages you to eat foods based on your blood type, and what ultimately allows your body to function at its highest and healthiest point.  His explanation as to how he came up with his methods and why they work are fascinating.  And I'm not a doctor, but they made complete sense to me.  If you are curious about the books check them out for yourself, or feel free to email me if you have any questions.  


[FOUR]
One Line A Day! Last year after Wake was born I received a journal called "One Line a Day; A Five-Year Memory Book" from one of my aunts, and it is my favorite gift!


It has 365 daily entries that appear five times on each page, allowing you to not only see what you did the previous year, but record the current day's event/memories. Now that I am starting my second year with this book it is even more special because I get to reminisce as I go. It seems to me that my first memories kicked in around 5 or 6 years old...so I plan on doing this for all my children so that they will always be able to "remember" the first few years of their life.  

[FIVE]
Pampers&Pearls

Buddy Breast Check. And last but certainly not least...this Sunday the 12th is the first Buddy Breast Check of the year.  I'm especially excited because I will be having my first guest blogger, Lauren from Dancing Backwards in Pink Heels! Lauren was diagnosed with breast cancer at 29 years old!!! GULP! She kicked it's butt and is going to be sharing her story with us here on Sunday!  I hope you stop by to not only read her message but also link-up with me. It's a perfect way to show your support, take ownership of your breast health, and/or encourage your readers/followers to do their monthly self exam as well. 


~ Happy Friday Lovies ~
Morgan

Labels: , , , , , , ,