~ Kawula ~
*This means "Hello" in Dagbani, a popular dialect in Ghana. Hehe!
As you all know Father's Day was on Sunday so I wanted to make sure we had a nice dinner, one that would be "father" approved. I decided to do BBQ ribs...BUT...since Joe decided to stay back in TN to fish an extra day, I was down one grill man. So I let my fingers do the walking and found the easiest (and most delicious) crock pot BBQ rib recipe courtesy of All Recipes. I'm going to provide the ingredients & instructions below...try not to hurt yourself!
|I apologize but I did not take any pics of my ribs (I ate them too fast) however this is exactly how they looked when finished! Thanks to The Stay at Home Chef for the photo.|
3 lbs. Baby Back Ribs
Salt & Pepper to taste
1/2 C water
1/2 onion sliced
1 clove garlic minced
1 (18 oz) bottle BBQ sauce
1. Season ribs with salt & pepper.
2. Pour water into slow cooker. Layer ribs into the slow cooker. Top the ribs with the onion & garlic.
3. Cook on high for 4 hours (or low for 8 hours).
4. Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
5. Transfer ribs to a baking sheet (I lined mined with tinfoil for easier clean-up). Discard onion & garlic. Coat ribs with BBQ sauce.
6. Bake in preheated oven for 10 - 15 minutes until the sauce caramelizes and sticks to the meat.
I served mine with a side of homemade sweet potato fries. But you can do a lot of different sides with this, so have fun with it! ENJOY!!!
Labels: family, Father's Day, food, Slow Cooker Baby Back Ribs, Taste of Tuesday