Holla at your girl!
How's it going? Did you survive Monday? One of the many reasons I love Taste of Tuesday is because it forces me to cook something really good/different...which in turn makes Monday nights great, or at least better than they could usually be! After a long, mostly icky day easing back into the real world, it's nice to have a good meal to look forward to.
So today we have a pizza (shocker) that I found on Real Simple. And real simple it is! It's perfect for "meatless Monday" as it's vegetarian, & healthy. It could also be gluten free if you changed up the dough a bit. Also, the original recipe makes four mini pizzas and I changed ours up to make one larger pizza. But here you have it, Asparagus & Ricotta Pizza!
- pizza dough
- cornmeal, for the baking sheet
- 1/2 pound asparagus, halved crosswise and lengthwise
- 3 ounces cremini or button mushrooms, thinly sliced
- 2 cloves garlic, thinly sliced
- 1 1/2 cups ricotta
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan (2 ounces)
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- kosher salt and black pepper
- 2 cups baby arugula
- 2 teaspoons fresh lemon juice
- Heat oven to 400° F. Place dough on cornmeal-dusted baking sheet.
- Top the dough with the asparagus, mushrooms, and garlic, then the ricotta, Parmesan, and 2 tablespoons of the oil. Season with ¾ teaspoon salt and ¼ teaspoon pepper. Bake until the crust is golden brown and crisp, 25 to 30 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in a medium bowl, toss the arugula with the lemon juice, the remaining tablespoon of oil, and ¼ teaspoon each salt and pepper. Top the pizzas with the arugula just before serving.
Labels: asparagus and ricotta pizza, food, real simple, recipe, Taste of Tuesday