~ Good Morning ~
Happy Tuesday! So I completely over-indulged this weekend and did not eat well...at all! I mean, I ate those ridiculously delicious powdered sugar mini donuts; so not on the diet, but soooo awesome I could have cried. But, it's time to get back on track! So tonight for meatless Monday I made Greek Quinoa Burgers from The Healthy Maven.
GREEK QUINOA BURGERS
- 2 cups cooked quinoa (any colour), cooled completely (1 cup uncooked)
- 1 (15 oz) can chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- 1 medium cucumber, seeded and chopped
- 1 small red onion, diced
- 1/2 cup sun-dried tomatoes, chopped (not in oil)
- 1 cup feta cheese, crumbled
- 1/2 cup flat-leaf parsley, chopped
- Juice of 1/2 lemon
- Salt & pepper to taste
- Cook quinoa according to package instructions. Place in refrigerator to cool faster.
- Add cucumber to a food processor and process until completely broken up.
- Add in red onion, sun-dried tomatoes, feta cheese and parsley and pulse several times.
- Add in chickpeas and process until it all comes together into a sticky mixture.
- Add quinoa, lemon juice and salt and pepper. Process until mixture can easily be rolled into balls (about 40 seconds).
- Divide and roll into 10 balls.
- Heat a large pan over medium-high heat and add coconut oil or olive oil.
- Place several burgers in pan an flatten slightly with palm.
- Cook on each side for about 3 minutes or until outside is crispy.
- Serve warm on it's own or on a bun.
- Will keep for several days in refrigerator.
Happy Munching Lovies!!!
You can find me on...
Labels: food, gluten free, meatless monday, Taste of Tuesday, vegetarian