~ Hello Lovies ~
Glad to see you all made it through Monday! Today's recipe is a side dish I just had to share; creamed kale. I got it originally from Spoon Fork Bacon, but I've edited a little to my liking. But let's be honest people...creamed anything is gonna be good, or at least worth a try! Last night we threw a flank steak on the grill that I marinate for a few hours in soy sauce, Dijon mustard, olive oil and a small squeeze of lemon juice. The dishes complimented each other beautifully...but this kale could be appropriate for pretty much anything...like eating with a spoon as a main dish ;-).
2 bunches kale, washed dried and torn into pieces (ribs removed)
2 tablespoons unsalted butter, softened
1 garlic clove, minced
2 tablespoons minced shallot
3/4 cup unsweetened Almond Breeze almond milk. (I've also used regular milk & it works just fine.)
1/2 cup freshly grated Parmesan
1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
zest of 1 lemon
salt and pepper to taste
1. Preheat oven to 200 degrees F.
2. Blanch kale in salted, boiling water until bright and tender, 6 to 8 minutes. Drain kale into a colander, pressing out as much liquid as possible. Set aside.
3. Place a skillet over medium high heat and melt butter. Sauté garlic and shallots for 3 to 4 minutes.
4. Add almond milk and reduce heat to medium. Simmer mixture until milk has reduced by 1/3.
5. Stir in 1/4 C of the remaining ingredients and reduce heat to medium-low. Simmer until mixture has thickened and everything is completely combined.
6. Pour mixture into a baking dish, sprinkle with remaining 1/4 C Parmesan, and bake in oven until cheese melts. Serve Warm.
You can find me on...
Labels: Creamed Kale, food, healthy, Taste of Tuesday