How- To Wavy Bob


~ Hello Lovies ~

So first I think I owe you an explanation.  As one of my friends said to me at dinner on Friday, "I have a bone to pick with Pampers & Pearls.  You've ruined my mornings this week!!"  Basically she's pissed at me that I did NOTHING.  And she's right! I did nothing for P&P! So I would like to officially apologize for pulling a Houdini on you all.  When I started this blog it was simple & fun & a beautiful outlet for me. I said what I wanted, when I wanted, and no one expected anything from me.  I never thought people would read (or even count on reading) my thoughts, advice, and ramblings.  I've said this before and I mean it; P&P has become so much more since that first day in October 2013 and I wouldn't change it for the world. BUT, I've had a difficult time recently juggling my naturally changing world with a toddler, and the "demand" for writing/producing content.  Now don't get me wrong...I'm no Blair Eadie; Coach isn't throwing bags at me requiring a full-on photo shoot to push product.  However, I do know that people visit my blog every day, that they look forward to what I have to say, and that they also count on me for link-ups.  (WHICH, BTW, I've been having some side issues with LinkyTools hence my not doing a Mid Week Muse last Wednesday, but all should be fixed for this week).  Soooooo, last week was just very busy in our household.  I've started tutoring part time again, (because you never lose that passion for teaching)  and at night I found myself wanting to snuggle on the couch with my husband to watch Alaska; The Last Frontier rather than writing anything.  I wanted to be present for my family last week...not constantly rushing off to the computer.  So in trying to juggle all the balls last week, I dropped the blog ball. I'm sorry and hope you all can understand and jump back on this train with me. And with that being said, let's jump right in...

________________________________________________________________________

I have been wanting to chop my hair off for some time now.  I kept thinking I wanted to do Yolanda Foster's haircut but was a little nervous about the bangs, which I haven't had since 2004!


My appointment was scheduled for last Wednesday so I knew I had to make a decision quickly.  THEN...last Sunday I saw it...the most amazing wavy bob ever...Sienna Miller at The Golden Globes...and I needed it on my head & in my life!


Isn't it just perfect!? So I went into my appointment on Wednesday ready for this awesomeness and I was beyond thrilled when I walked out.  Below are the before & afters. *Pay no attention to the trailer trash roots & grease in my before pics...no one does their hair BEFORE going to the salon.  That would be like wiping before you poop...it just doesn't make sense!


BEFORE




AFTER

We kept the right side very sleek...and hopefully y'all know how to do that.  Get a flatiron and pull!  But here is a how-to on how to get the subtle waves on the other side.  *Warning...this is still a work in progress for me.  I became a pro at curling my hair with a wand when it was shoulder length, but this is a whole new ball game!


____________________________________________________________________________


How-To Waves with Flat Iron

1. When blow drying your hair, use a volumizer. I like Kevin Murphy's Anti Gravity


2. Dirty hair is the best.  If you've just washed your hair it might not hold as well, so try this on 2nd or 3rd day hair.  I use Pssssst dry shampoo to help take out any grease and to "re-fluff."


3. Section hair off in 1/2 - 1 inch sections and clamp with flat iron as close to roots as possible.  BTW, you do not need some crazy expensive flat iron.  I've used this one here since I was in college (over 10 years ago) and it still works great!


4. Turn the flat iron away from your head 180 degrees so your hair is completely looped around the iron.  



5. Now gently & slowly pull the flat iron down the length of your hair away from your head. 



6. Once done, use some sort of styling product to hold the curl/style; massage into roots.  I like/use Kevin Murphy's Un.Dressed



7. Voila!



Okay Lovies, see you back here tomorrow (promise) for a yummy Taste of Tuesday edition.  
 photo Signature_zps6a9601b4.jpg
You can find me on...


Linking up with:

Labels: , , , , , , , , , , , , ,