Holy Tuesday, how you doing!? I think it's been months since I posted a Taste of Tuesday recipe...so sorry about that! I've gotten so busy with life (and now summer) that my goal has been to try and post at least 3 times a week and unfortunately Tuesdays got put on the back burner. Anyways, I had to share this recipe with you because it's perfect for summer; jam packed with flavor & on the table in 20 mins! I found it on Skinnytaste but adapted it based on what I did/did not have in the fridge. Enjoy!!
For the Salad:
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 2 tbsp balsamic vinegar
- 5 medium ripe tomatoes, diced
- 1/4 small red onion, sliced thin
- 1 tbsp chopped fresh basil
- kosher salt and pepper to taste
- 6 cups baby arugula (I love arugula but used a bag of salad that was already in the fridge)
- GUILTY: I also added shredded Fontina cheese - eek!
For the chicken:
- 24 oz (3) boneless skinless chicken breasts, sliced in half lengthwise (I bought chicken cutlets to make it easier on me)
- 3/4 cup Italian seasoned breadcrumbs
- 1/3 cup grated Romano or Parmesan cheese
- 1 lemon, juice of (I used bottled lemon juice)
- 1 tbsp olive oil (I ran out of EVOO *fail* and used one egg white instead)
- kosher salt
- fresh cracked black pepper
- olive oil spray
*In a medium bowl, whisk olive oil and balsamic. Add tomatoes, basil and onions; season with salt and pepper. and toss. Set aside at least 10 minutes so the juices combine.
*Preheat oven to 450°. Place a large baking pan in the oven to get hot.
*Combine breadcrumbs and grated cheese in one bowl. In another bowl combine olive oil, lemon juice, and pepper. Lightly pound chicken breasts into cutlets (unless you bought cutlets), you should have 6. Wash and dry cutlets well with paper towels; season with salt and pepper. Dip cutlets into lemon/oil mixture, then into breadcrumbs, pressing firmly to adhere.
*Remove the baking pan from the oven and spray with cooking spray. Place the chicken on the baking sheets and spray with olive oil spray on top.
*Bake chicken, turning once halfway through for about 15 minutes total, or until chicken is golden. Remove from the oven and top with arugula and tomato salad on top.
Labels: food, healthy, recipe, Skinnytaste, Taste of Tuesday