Blueberry & Banana Oatmeal Muffins


I'm a breakfast person; I always have been.  My mother had breakfast waiting for my brother and I every morning.  It wasn't like a full continental breakfast, usually cereal or a toaster strudel & fruit, but it was something that my family believed was important to get your brain & body moving for the day.  My husband on the other hand is not so much a breakfast person.  However, this past week he decided he wanted to start eating breakfast (other than grabbing a banana on the way out the door) as a way to be healthy and get his day going. So I searched high & low Pinterest and found an easy & super healthy flourless, breakfast muffin.  I made some additions/revisions based on personal preference.  

*Please note...I said they were super healthy, not necessarily super delicious.  There is no added sugar  so the flavor is quiet...bland.  I've found that it's best to microwave the muffin for 20 secs and then schmear some butter, honey, agave nectar, nut butter, or jelly on it to add some flavor.  They keep you full & make you feel so much better about your morning routine, AND they are a great breakfast option for babies, toddlers & kiddos too!


INGREDIENTS:
* 2 mashed ripe bananas
* 1 C unsweetened vanilla almond milk
* 2 eggs
* 1 t vanilla
* 1 t baking powder
* 3 C oats
* 1/2 C (or more depending on liking) blueberries
* 1/4 - 1/2 C nut butter (I use sunflower butter)

DIRECTIONS:
* Preheat oven to 350 degrees.  In a mixer, combine bananas and milk until smooth. 
* Add eggs, vanilla, baking powder and oats.  Fold in blueberries and nut butter.
* Spoon into muffin pan and bake for 14 minutes.




 photo Signature_zps6a9601b4.jpg
You can find me on...
Facebook // Instagram // Twitter // Pinterest // Bloglovin


Linking up with:
Mondays: Still Being Molly // Fizz & Frosting // Watch Out for the Woestmans // More Pieces of Me // Bella and the City // Fashionably Employed // Cha Cha the Fashion Genius // A Little Bit of Cheer // Rhea's Musings
Tuesdays: Style Elixir // The Fashion Canvas // Martinis and Bikinis // Ladybug Blessings // I do DeClaire // Mama - and More!
Wednesdays: Pampers & Pearls // The Pleated Poppy // Tucker Up // My Girlish Whims // Shopping My Closet // The Mummy Chronicles  // Cappuccino and Fashion // Pumps & Pushups // Classy Yet Trendy // Sydney Fashion Hunter
Thursdays: Home of Malones // East Coast Chic // Stylin' in St. Louis // Sincerely Jenna Marie // Mix & Match Fashion // Twenties Girl Style  // Happiness at Mid-Life
Fridays: Style Elixir // September FARM // The Five on Friday Gang // Penniless Socialite // All Things Chic // Claire Justine OXOX // Two Thirty-Five Designs // Birdie Shoots //Lizzie in Lace
Saturdays: The Fashionista Momma // The Sits Girls // House of Hipsters  

Labels: , , , , , , , ,