Top Knots & Tribal Print


Today I'm musing over some funky trends; the half-up top knot and "Bohemian chic". I never really thought either were my "style", but I'm loving both.  I'm beginning to realize that trends don't have to be for just a certain age group or class of women...anything can be adapted to fit what you're comfortable with.  I still felt cute & age appropraite wearing this whole look. The top knot is awesome because not only is it super easy to do BUT it makes my daily hot mess of a hair-do look in style - ha! #Winning!  I usually throw my hair in a ponytail with a haeadband, but this is a great alternative.  I only wash my hair every 2-3 days which means things can get a little greasy & messy, which is actually perfect for this look.  All I have to do is spray in some dry shampoo, shake it up and throw it in a bun.  Genius! This is the first trendy hair-do that actually works for my day-to-day life as a mom - haha.  

Second, I'm loving these tribal print pants from Dress Up Boutique. These pants are the JAM! They are comfy enough to wear during the day while running errands and working, but they are also cute enough to wear out; I've done both.  These pants have been on repeat since I received them a week ago.  I wore them to the bar last weekend and also while out with the little man yesterday. I obviously dressed them down here with a tank & sandals, but you could also mix and match an array of crop tops, comfy tees, layers of Bohemian jewels, or a great pair of edgy wedges/heels with them (links to piece suggestions are below). The outfit possibilities are endless!!  
*For reference...I am 5'5", 135lbs and ordered a large so I could wear them hi-waisted.  Drop down a size if you want them to sit on your hips. 

To stick with the "Bohemian Chic" theme I added my new crossbody bag from Vera Bradley (yup...another winner from VB), my vintage amber drop necklace, and my new Vera Bradley Cat Eye shades which I got because they're orange & blue (Go Gators) but was sooo excited when I realized how well they matched with these Dress Up pants! Per usual, everything I'm wearing (plus some suggestions) are linked below. 

 

SHOP MY OUTFIT:
Shades // Earrings // Tank // Crossbody Bag // Rings // Bracelet // Pants // Sandals

Suggested outfit alternatives: crop tops // comfy tees // layered jewels // chic wedges // edgy sandals




NOW IT'S TIME FOR THE LINK-UP:
____________________________________________________________________________________________




My name is Melissa. I blog at Stylista Fitness.  I am a California girl currently living it up in the Arizona desert and I have a love, respect and obsession with fashion.  I created this lifestlyle blog to share insight on style, fitness, nutrition, and my life in Phoenix.  The Stylista Fitness motto is to help you get healthier one outfit at a time.

Follow Melissa here: Instagram & Twitter 



* Interested in being a co-host!? Email me at pampersandpearls {at} gmail {dot} com.

_________________________________________________________________________________________


Pampers & Pearls



~ HOW MID WEEK MUSE WORKS ~


Mid Week Muse is a linkup party every Wednesday. Submit your favorite fashion related post from that week and link it up here at Pampers &Pearls.  Fellow bloggers and readers are one of our greatest sources of inspiration, and we hope you will join us and share your “muse.”

REQUIREMENTS:
Grab the button below and link back to my blog: 
Pampers & Pearls.  
Link up starts on Wednesday at 6:00am EST.

Please help me promote the link up!
Use #MidWeekMuse and be sure to tag us on IG:
@pamperspearls and Twitter @Pampers_Pearls

Share your post on Facebook and give me a shout out:
@pampersandpearls

Follow me on BlogLovin: 
Pampers & Pearls.



*P.S. Don't forget to stop by Monday's post (link here) and enter my Shop The Mint giveaway!!

 photo Signature_zps6a9601b4.jpg
You can find me on...
Facebook // Instagram // Twitter // Pinterest // Bloglovin


Linking up with:
Mondays: Still Being Molly // Fizz & Frosting // Watch Out for the Woestmans // More Pieces of Me // Rhea's Musings // Fashionably Employed // Cha Cha the Fashion Genius // A Little Bit of Cheer
Tuesdays: Style Elixir // The Fashion Canvas // Martinis and Bikinis // Ladybug Blessings // I do DeClaire // Mama - and More!
Wednesdays: Pampers & Pearls // The Pleated Poppy // Tucker Up // My Girlish Whims // Shopping My Closet // The Mummy Chronicles  // Cappuccino and Fashion // Pumps & Pushups // Classy Yet Trendy // Sydney Fashion Hunter
Thursdays: Home of Malones // East Coast Chic // Stylin' in St. Louis // Treasure Tromp // Sincerely Jenna Marie // Mix & Match Fashion // Twenties Girl Style  // Happiness at Mid-Life
Fridays: Style Elixir // September FARM // The Five on Friday Gang // Penniless Socialite // All Things Chic // Claire Justine OXOX // Two Thirty-Five Designs // Birdie Shoots //Lizzie in Lace
Saturdays: The Fashionista Momma // The Sits Girls // House of Hipsters  

An InLinkz Link-up

Labels: , , , , , , , ,