White On White



White on white.  That's a ballsy look. I always thought you had to be SUPER skinny to pull it off. And I am not saying I'm a fatty...but I'm not a stick either! I'm pear-shaped and have always kind of owned dealt with the badonka-donk. But ANYONE, even donkey booties, can wear white; I promise! There are a few key factors that need to be kept in mind to do so though... 

First, you need to mix patterns/fabrics.  Don't wear linen pants and a linen shirt, or white jeans with a white denim jacket.  ***I need to point something out here! The first real rule, which hopefully you would already assume, is that your whites have to match. This goes without saying right!? Okay good.  Now, for my white on white outfit, I wore my new favorite white jeans (from DL1961...link & discount code below) and matched them with a breathable cotton, embroidered tunic. 

Second, it helps if you're tan.  It sounds weird, but this is probably why white is better on people in the summer...you're naturally more tan. White clothing of any kind always pops more against tanned skin...plus, if you have a beautiful, natural glow you don't have to wear as much make-up. (Here is my favorite sunless tanner)

Lastly, you need to add in neutral accessories. In all honesty, this is why I felt most comfortable wearing this white on white outfit, and wanted to write this post. I got these new Tieks flats & Vera Bradley clutch to match, and was completely inspired. Not only do these accessories make the outfit in my opinion, but the pale pink color breaks up the all white while still maintaining the monochromatic style I was going for. These Tieks are the most comfortable flats I have ever worn! Women...need some shoes that are comfy & functional all the while still making you feel relevant & chic?  These are the shoes for you.  And this clutch; it's everything! Let's talk more...

As you guys might have noticed I have recently fallen back in love with Vera Bradley.  I was your typical, Vera Bradley toting sorority girl.  I used their luggage (still do), their make-up bags (still do), the fabric tote bags to carry my books, their backpacks, etc... At one point in time I had over 7 pieces of Vera Bradley in some form or another.  Like most, I associated Vera with high school & college and never really looked back after graduation.  However, Vera now does awesome! Seriously! They have completely "re-branded" if you will.  They have some of the most gorgeous faux & authentic leather handbags, trendy sunglasses, lush beach towels, colorful accessories, etc...  I'm a re-believer and am super happy to be supporting this amazing brand again.  Don't believe me!? Just watch!


SHOP MY OUTFIT:
SHOES
* DL1961 was nice enough to offer 30% off ALL ITEMS through August 31st.  Follow this link here & use code Pampers30





NOW IT'S TIME FOR THE LINK-UP:
____________________________________________________________________________________________



Today I am being featured on Blogger Collective, and am returning the love by having them as my co-host for the week! 


"The Blogger Collective is a community for bloggers of all types, from all areas. Our mission is to bring together like-minded bloggers who seek to connect with and support each other. No bitches allowed! (Or just the good kind, anyway.)
Ashley of Le Stylo Rouge and Nikki of The Fashionable Wife wanted to create a place where bloggers could come and share ideas, get advice, make connections, and collaborate. And that’s where the idea of The Blogger Collective began.
The Blogger Collective aims to create a community that promotes sharing and growth, as well as developing relationships and encouraging collaboration. We want to bring together bloggers from all backgrounds and from all corners of the country to share tips of the blogging trade, team up, and learn from each other."
-Check out The Blogger Collective Here!


* Interested in being a co-host!? Email me at pampersandpearls {at} gmail {dot} com.

_________________________________________________________________________________________


Pampers & Pearls



~ HOW MID WEEK MUSE WORKS ~


Mid Week Muse is a linkup party every Wednesday. Submit your favorite fashion related post from that week and link it up here at Pampers &Pearls.  Fellow bloggers and readers are one of our greatest sources of inspiration, and we hope you will join us and share your “muse.”

REQUIREMENTS:
Grab the button below and link back to my blog: 
Pampers & Pearls.  
Link up starts on Wednesday at 6:00am EST.

Please help me promote the link up!
Use #MidWeekMuse and be sure to tag us on IG:
@pamperspearls and Twitter @Pampers_Pearls

Share your post on Facebook and give me a shout out:
@pampersandpearls

Follow me on BlogLovin: 
Pampers & Pearls.



 photo Signature_zps6a9601b4.jpg
You can find me on...
Facebook // Instagram // Twitter // Pinterest // Bloglovin


Linking up with:
Mondays: Still Being Molly // Fizz & Frosting // Watch Out for the Woestmans // More Pieces of Me // Rhea's Musings // Fashionably Employed // Cha Cha the Fashion Genius // A Little Bit of Cheer
Tuesdays: Style Elixir // The Fashion Canvas // Martinis and Bikinis // Ladybug Blessings // I do DeClaire // Mama - and More!
Wednesdays: Pampers & Pearls // The Pleated Poppy // Tucker Up // My Girlish Whims // Shopping My Closet // The Mummy Chronicles  // Cappuccino and Fashion // Pumps & Pushups // Classy Yet Trendy // Sydney Fashion Hunter
Thursdays: Home of Malones // East Coast Chic // Stylin' in St. Louis // Treasure Tromp // Sincerely Jenna Marie // Mix & Match Fashion // Twenties Girl Style  // Happiness at Mid-Life
Fridays: Style Elixir // September FARM // The Five on Friday Gang // Penniless Socialite // All Things Chic // Claire Justine OXOX // Two Thirty-Five Designs // Birdie Shoots //Lizzie in Lace
Saturdays: The Fashionista Momma // The Sits Girls // House of Hipsters  


An InLinkz Link-up

Labels: , , , , , , , ,