~ Good Morning Sunshines ~
Happy Tuesday! Today, instead of giving you just one recipe, I thought I would update you on everything we ate (some new, some old) for week 2 of our Paleo Lenten commitment. Again, we are modified Paleo, so we make certain exceptions that Primal Paleo participants are completely against; you have to do what works for you and your lifestyle. And as always, I welcome any suggestions, comments & shared recipes!!!
* Hard-Boiled Eggs
* Salad with chopped chicken or lunch meat (Boars Head or Trader Joe's Nitrate/Preservative free), cucumber, tomato, avocado, and pumpkin seeds. Dressing: Aged Balsamic Vinegar, EVOO, and lemon juice.
* Sliced apple with sunflower butter
* Banana with sunflower butter
* Jimmy Johns Unwich (lettuce wrap) w/ turkey or ham, veggies & mustard only. Hold the cheese & mayo.
* Tuna Salad: chunk Albacore tuna in water (NOT OIL), drained and then mashed with avocado, salt, pepper, and lemon juice to taste. Place on top of lettuce or on a slice of toasted Paleo Bread.
* Plantain Chips
* Paleo Granola (see recipe above)
* Frozen Grapes
* Natural (not roasted or w/ salt) Nuts
* Dry or Dehydrated fruit (no added sugar)
* Sliced veggies (carrots, cucumbers, celery, pea pods, avocado, etc...) w/ a splash of balsamic vinegar
So that's about the extent of our diet from last week. We did drink a little red wine throughout the week, and on Saturday I treated myself to
one two margartitas - #weaknessfortequila. I'll see you back here tomorrow for the Mid Week Muse link-up!
You can find me on...
Labels: food, Paleo, Paleo Diet, Paleo Food plan, Paleo recipes, Taste of Tuesday