MODA Monday; Model for Hire

This week/weekend was too fun!  No, I did not win a margarita drinking contest or get to sleep in, but my father was in town to visit and I got to play Super Model.  We tried a new restaurant, MOXIE (it just opened a couple months ago) and we all thought it was delicious! Wake had mac n' cheese, my dad and I had the scallops, and Joe had the lobster roll. We bring W with us everywhere; he is so well behaved that it makes it easy. So, any "nice" restaurant that has a children's menu gets an extra bonus in my book.  The scallops were perfectly seared and served on top a bed of cheese grits with lobster sauce and a green onion salad. RIDIC! And Joe's lobster roll was served with nori fries, green tomato ketchup and slaw.  On top of that, the owner/head chef made a point of coming up to W and I while we were walking around to introduce himself and welcome us! It was just lovely...two thumbs up! In fact, Jacksonville girls, we're bringing back "Girls Night Out" and this will be our first location.  STAY TUNED! 
Okay, enough of the food...what did I wear you ask!? THIS!
Girls Night Out

Mad About Plaid Tunic // Black Halo vest(mine was a Rachel Roy but this is close) // Citizens of Humanity jeans // Louis Vuitton Speedy 30 Damier Ebene // Sole Society ankle booties // The World is your Oyster Pearl Necklace // J.Crew Bracelet // Moon and Lola Charm bracelet / Reeds Jewelers stud earrings


On Saturday my friend Olivia who just started Sweettart Clothing (check post here for details) wanted to get some pics of her new clothes on a live body, and since the outfit from above included two Sweettart pieces, it worked out perfectly!  As we all know, clothes may look good online, but unless you actually see them on a real person, it's hard to tell if they would fit. 
And you know what, being a model was really hard work...now I can see what all the fuss is about.  NOT!  This was big girl, glorified, dress-up...and I loved every second!  Plus, what goes better with playing dress-up than feta, mozzarella & spinach frittata, sopapilla, and pineapple mimosas? Nothing! So yeah, we did that too!

This is the first outfit...the one from my dinner out at MOXIE. And what would a photo shoot be without a mascot!?
This is right before W decided to eat dirt.  Of course I had him dressed up somewhat cute...but I've learned quick that BOYS never keep their clothes on OR clean for long. 
DIRT!!!!


Here are two versions of a pic we took.  I'm considering using one of them as my new blog photo...what do you think?  Which one do you like best?

  
Button Down to Business Top // Golden Opportunity Necklace

Pennant to Win it Dress

Anthropologie Necklace (old) // H&M Peplum Top // Printcess Pants // Pour La Victoire heels (old)



And lastly this is my comfy "mommy likes to eat brunch and drink mimosas" outfit. Also, please notice the Lilly Pulitzer "Chomp Chomp" glass I am drinking out of...it's in honor of E.R.E. (our good friend's little girl) who was born Saturday morning. 
DIY sweatshirt // leopard leggings // Tory Burch Reva flats


~ Have a great week Lovies...Excelsior! ~
Morgan

Labels: , , , , , , , , , , , ,