Five on Friday: Top Posts of 2015


Welcome 2016!!! Wow...that's insane! The older I get the faster time seems to go, and I guess that's a reality I will always struggle with and probably exactly what Buddha meant when he said, "The trouble is, you think you have time."  So speaking of time, what better way to celebrate the first Five on Friday of the year then with the top five posts from 2015. First, this was A LOT of fun to look back on but also shocking.  Without seeing the numbers I don't know if I would have selected, much less put any of these posts in said order, BUT it's always nice to see what resonates with my readers. So without further ado...here are my top five posts from 2015. 

[ONE]
How-To Wavy Bob
HOLY SHIT! This post had 5,018 views!? That's so unbelievably crazy! I think the reason this post was so successful was because of Pinterest.  This just so happens to be one of my top liked/re-posted Pins which helps drive people to the blog.  I'm not sure if it's the cut itself or the easy tutorial on how to get these waves BUT for whatever reason y'all really liked it.  Kudos to my girl Emily at Paperwhite Salon in Riverside for giving me this fab do! Now the most important question...should I cut it this short again?



[TWO]
Seersucker and Summer Sunsets
I loved this outfit! Not only was I incredibly comfortable but I felt really cute which can truly make or break your overall attitude on the day/event your attending. I think this post resonated with people because seersucker is always a hit in the summer, the back of the romper has ruffles (totally adorable) and this romper can be dressed up or down.  It truly was one of my best finds last summer!



[THREE]
Burnt Orange
I definitely thought this look would be in my top 5...I would have put it at number #1 or #2 though I think.  Not only did I love this shoot because my girl Blaire from Peaches in a Pod shot it & we were in Charleston, but I also loved it because my hair looked fab (where did that volume come from), I LOVED the color of this dress on me, and I had just gotten the leopard shoes which went perfectly with the whole thing.  



[FOUR]

My Kind of Lovely
I was shocked that this post was in the top 5! Yes this shirt is amazing and sells itself (it got a ton of hits on IG), but the lighting, scenery (AKA continuous drive-bys) and lack of time we had available to get these photos done was nuts. However, I'm really glad that this post did well because it lets me know that it's not always about the photos to my readers...it's about what's in the photos...like this amazing shirt!




[FIVE]
Power of Pink
Not surprised in the least that this was top 5! This was another one of my most favorite shoots from last year.  I had the immense pleasure of being featured on Vera Bradley during October for their "Power of Pink" series. Not only did I get to wear/carry some of the most beautiful pink pieces from their breast cancer awareness line, but I got to share my mother's courageous story with thousands of people. It was by far the biggest honor I've experienced during my 2+ years of blogging. 




So that wraps up the top 5 posts from 2015...however I feel like that was just the beginning of an awesome year of blogging. I know that the past few months have been annoying due to my periodic absence, but I'm hoping this past week was a good start AND a sign of things to come for 2016.  Don't give up on me yet friends, and as always, thanks so much for tagging along.  Here's to a fabulous, healthy, safe & positive 2016! 




 photo Signature_zps6a9601b4.jpg
You can find me on...
Facebook // Instagram // Twitter // Pinterest // Bloglovin


Linking up with:
Mondays: Still Being Molly // Fizz & Frosting // Watch Out for the Woestmans // More Pieces of Me // Fashionably Employed // A Little Bit of Cheer
Tuesdays: Style Elixir // The Fashion Canvas // Ladybug Blessings // I do DeClaire // Mama - and More!
Wednesdays: Pampers & Pearls // The Pleated Poppy // Tucker Up // My Girlish Whims // Shopping My Closet // The Mummy Chronicles  // Cappuccino and Fashion // Pumps & Pushups // Classy Yet Trendy // Sydney Fashion Hunter
Thursdays: Home of Malones // East Coast Chic // Stylin' in St. Louis // Sincerely Jenna Marie // Mix & Match Fashion // Twenties Girl Style  // Happiness at Mid-Life
Fridays: Style Elixir // September FARM // The Five on Friday Gang // Penniless Socialite // All Things Chic // Claire Justine OXOX // Two Thirty-Five Designs // Birdie Shoots //Lizzie in Lace
Saturdays: The Fashionista Momma // The Sits Girls // House of Hipsters  

Labels: , , , , , , ,